L-Threonate enhanced Magnesium for superior neuronal uptake
90 Capsules per bottle, 1 - 4 capsules per serve. Every capsule includes:
- Magnesium L-Threonate (600mg)
Magnesium is an essential cofactor of over 300 enzymes in the human body, making it an essential element to all organ systems in the body.
Magnesium is also critical for key cognitive functions - particularly in its function to block NMDA receptors, driving adaption to create more NMDA receptors as well as BDNF and other brain plasticity functions which yields improved long term memory functions. This potent NMDA binding also prevents glutamate driven stimulation, both providing neuroprotective benefits and making for a calming and relaxing function for decreasing time to fall asleep.
Why L-THREONATE enhanced?
Due to the poor ability for many forms to cross the blood-brain barrier effectively, many persons may have abundant system magnesium but are still lacking in the local neuronal supply in order to benefit from the NMDA binding action. This is where the MIT developed, L-Threonate enhanced form demonstrates unique value. L-Threonate is an amino acid and metabolite of vitamin C which has by itself shown increased uptake of magnesium into neurons.
Thus combining the two makes for the brain-magnesium dream team, whereby both supply and use of the desired magnesium is increased in the brain.
Magnesium L-Threonate is popular for:
- Supporting Healthy Sleep;
- Supporting Memory Functions;
- Supporting Mood.
As a dietary supplement, take ONE to FOUR capsules throughout the day. A popular protocol is to take ONE capsule in the morning, and then later TWO or THREE capsules before bed.
If you're keen for some further reading on Magnesium L-Threonate, below are a few research articles we frequently recommend as an introduction.
- Enhancement of Learning and Memory by Elevating Brain Magnesium. (2010) Neuron
- Magnesium L-threonate Prevents and Restores Memory Deficits Associated with Neuropathic Pain by Inhibition of TNF-α. (2013) Pain Physician
- Treatment Of Magnesium-L-Threonate Elevates The Magnesium Level In The Cerebrospinal Fluid And Attenuates Motor Deficits And Dopamine Neuron Loss In A Mouse Model Of Parkinson’s disease. (2019) Neuropsychiatric Disease and Treatment